Transportation and delivery / 3PL
Solid logistics expertise for management challenges and on-site needs
Katolec runs more than 40 distribution bases nationwide and owns and controls about 800 vehicles. They connect Katolec's warehouses located at 26 sites. Goods are transported on main roads from one factory to another and from factories to customers to meet a variety of their needs.
As a third-party logistics (3PL) partner, Katolec proposes an integrated concept of flows of goods from the material procurement process to the product distribution process.
Furthermore, by taking advantage of expertise accumulated in our electronics business concerning productivity, quality improvement, and other factors, Katolec supports different customers’ needs by performing distribution processing, custom clearance, and system coordination.
Cooperative deliveries, in which goods from multiple companies are carried in one truck, are an effective means of cutting transportation costs and saving energy. Katolec carries a wide diversity of goods in cooperative deliveries, including food products and cosmetics.
Specific examples of cooperative deliveries
- ①Cosmetics manufacturer
- Cosmetics and similar products are picked up from the factories of six cosmetics manufacturers and distributed to outlets around the Shikoku area. Costs are cut under efficient control systems, including the use of standardized vouchers.
- ②Food product manufacturer (Bread and confectionary)
- Bread and other food products are collected from the factories of three food manufacturers and delivered directly to outlets. Such products are kept in fixed-temperature storages and carried on fixed-temperature vehicles (at 18°C to 20°C) to maintain their quality.
- ③Food product manufacturer (e.g. seasoning and preserved foods)
- Products are picked up from the factories of three food product manufacturers and carried to Katolec's Osaka Distribution Center and then delivered to customers on Shikoku Island. Katolec conducts a bulk inspection and reception procedure on makers' premises, thus shortening delivery time. By decreasing the number of trucks used, we contribute to improvement in environmental preservation.
We help connect suppliers and consumers with quick and careful delivery by taking advantage of the expertise we have built up in door-to-door delivery work over many years centered on major department stores and mail order sales. Moreover, our unique cargo tracking system enables consigners to check delivery information in real-time at any time.
Support for individual needs
- Cash on delivery
- Product replacement, assembly and installation
- Delivery at specified times
- Address labeling and mailing
- Returns processing
- Assistance in building a delivery information system
- Information on relocations
- Information on delivery statuses and data cleaning for consigners, etc.